Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chapter 1: The Beginning

When Kisha woke up early the morning of her 21st birthday something seemed off. She had received a letter the day before from a woman claiming to be her biological great-grandmother, it was possible she had never met her mother’s family, she wasn’t to mention them. 

Dear Kisha
I know we have never met but I am your mother’s grandmother. I’m sorry we never met. I’ve always wanted to come but your grandmother and mother have forbid me from coming so I send you this letter now as you are old enough to make your own choices. I have always kept tabs on you growing up so I did not miss a thing. By time you get this letter I will be gone. I have left you my home in Riverview it is already in your name.

The letter was very odd but Kisha could not pass up knowing about her family. She hopped on the first plain and headed to Riverview. She arrived and the house was not what she expected, it looked like a large doll house like the ones she used to play with as a child.
After looking at the house with such great awe Kisha walked up to the door and turned the knob. Surprisingly the door opened with easy but there was an odd feeling in the air. Against her better judgment she crossed over the threshold and entered the house. Kisha cleared the door just as  it slammed shut. She turned around to look at it as the lights flickered and the aroma of smoke filled her nose. Kisha turned around to see a man standing before her.
The man just stood there smirking at Kisha. He walked towards her and she was unable to move, it was like she was paralyzed. He reached out and grabbed her hands and squeezed tight, tight enough it hurt but she could not pull away.
“So the periodical granddaughter has returned. I have been waiting 21 years for you to come back to me.” He said in a soothing tone as he stroked her top of her hand with his thumb. “My have you grown up the last time I saw you you were only a month old. You have grown up well.”


Kisha regained her strength and pulled her hands out of his grasp and stepped away. “What the heck are you talking about? I don’t know you! Don’t you ever touch me again!” Kisha yelled at him.
The man gave a throaty laugh. “Oh Kisha you are more feisty than I thought you would be.” 
He took a step forward and she took another step back. He laughed again, his laugh sending a shiver down her spine. 


“I am Luxor, the mighty fire demon, and you were promised to me the day you were born by your great-grandmother in exchange for your grandfather’s life. Now that you are old enough and have returned I will take you as my bride.”
Kisha stepped away again “What are you talking about? I never met my great-grandmother so you must be mistaken. I am nobody’s bride and I will not be until I am ready.”


Luxor’s face grew grim as he stood there looking at her. The grim look started to fade and was replaced by a smile. “I will make you a deal, my dear.” He said as he stepped towards her and pulled her into his arms.
Luxor held her tight and looked into her eyes. “I will set you free on one condition.” He placed a hand on Kisha’s cheek as she tried to look away from him. “You bare 100 children with different fathers and I will leave you forever.”


Kisha tried to pull away but he just held her tighter as a pain started in her right arm. “You will do as I say and the pain you feel now will be gone.”


Kisha opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. She looked at him with terrified eyes as he brought his face closer to hers. Luxor brushed his lips across her cheek but kept going up to her ear. The pain shot up her arm again making her knees week. 


“I will help you with the first,” Luxor whispered in Kisha’s ear.
Kisha awoke on the floor her arm stinging. She stood up and looked down at her arm and on her wrist was an odd creature. A laughter came from nowhere sending more chills down her spine. She knew she was in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment