Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chapter 4 - Jealousy

The labor was terrible for Kisha and it seemed like it lasted forever. Once it was over she had a beautiful little girl who she named Daphne. Kisha was so surprised how much she looked like her father, Damon. She had his emerald green eyes and nose.

After getting Daphne down for the night Kisha went into Lucian’s bedroom and found him wide awake lying in his bed. He was traumatized over seeing him mother go into labor and she knew this so she wanted to comfort her little boy.


Kisha sat down next to Lucian. “Lucian, baby, are you alright?” She asked a look of concern on her face.


“I’m fine mom” Lucian said and rolled onto his side tears filling up in his eyes.

“Lucian I’m sorry you had to witness that but that is just a part of life. You should be happy you have a new baby sister, someone you can play with so you don’t have to spend all that time with your doll.” Kisha rubbed his side as she spoke.


“I didn’t want a sister. I was happy with it being just you and me. You won’t have any time for me now that Daphne is here.” Lucian sighed as his tears started to fall onto his pillow.


“Baby that will never happen you are my first born and you mean the world to me.”  Just then Daphne started crying and Kisha sighed. “I have to go tend to her Lucian.” Kisha stood up and kissed the top of his head, “I love you Lucian and don’t you ever forget that.”


(I love this picture of Kisha playing with Daphne. I just had to share it)


Time passed slowly and Lucian became more and more elusive. He spent all his time in the first floor bathroom with his doll. It seemed like that was the only thing Lucian liked. Kisha tried many times to get him to spend time with her and Daphne but he always said no and would go back to playing with Pal.

One night while Kisha was teaching Daphne to talk Lucian snuck down into the bathroom with Pal. They played there for a while before Lucian got up and walked over to the toilet. 


“If she won’t play with me then I’ll just have to make her pay!” He said evilly as he bent down and worked on the toilet.
Lucian picked up Pal and snuck back into the dining room to play. A few hours later Kisha emerged from the stairs and headed into the bathroom. As she went to flush the toilet erupted splashing water all over her and the bathroom.

Lucian peaked into the bathroom and laughed then ran out, but Kisha had caught a peak of him before he got away. Kisha marched into the dining room where she found Lucian standing on a chair dressed as a king playing with Pal.


“Lucian you are in big trouble mister!” Kisha shouted.


Lucian climbed down from the chair and looked at his mother; he tried his best to keep a straight face but couldn’t. “Mom you are all wet what happened?” He asked trying to sound innocent but the look on his face gave him away.

“You know what happened, Lucian. You did this.” She said sternly the floor became soaked as she stood there speaking to him. “Why, Lucian, why did you do this?”


“I didn’t do anything mom, why do you always blame me?” Lucian asked.


“I saw you peak in Lucian I know you did this. Why did you do it?”


Tears filled up Lucian’s eyes as he looked up at his mother. “Because you have Daphne! I want to be the center of attention. I want you to only be mine. I hate her!”


“How dare you say that about your sister, she loves you. You are grounded, Lucian, go to your room.”


“But mom…” Lucian pleaded.


“NOW.” She shouted 

Lucian left the room crying and Kisha sunk down into one of the chairs. She had never yelled at him before but she had to do it. She had to be the one in charge. She sat there for a long time thinking about all that had happened. Kisha started to rise from her chair when she heard a ruckus outside. Kisha ran to the window where she saw a man picking up her trashcan. 


Kisha ran to the door and out onto the lawn. “What are you doing?” she asked the strange man.


“Oh sorry about that I was on my way home and tripped over it.” He shook his head, “It always happens.”


“A bit clumsy are we?” Kisha said with a laugh as she walked over to the man. “I’m Kisha Sterling the owner of the trashcan.” She held her hand out to him. 
He took her hand and shook it firmly “Pleasure to meet you, Kisha, I’m Fred, Fred Jones.”

“Nice to meet you too, Fred.” Kisha said smiling at him. Then something very familiar happened, the burning in her wrist started and she knew it was Luxor telling her it was time for more children.  “Would you like to come in?” Kisha asked with a heavy heart.


“I would love to.” He said and they walked into the house together.


Kisha made them some sandwiches and went into the dining room. They talked for hours just like they were old friends. Then one thing led to another and Kisha leaned in and kissed Fred. When she realized what she had done she pulled away.

“I…I’m so sorry I don’t know what got into me.” She said blushing. “You should….”


Fred didn’t even let her get the words out before he pulled her into his arms and pressed his lips to hers. “It’s fine. I’ve wanted to do that since the first time I saw you.”

“What do you mean?” Kisha asked as she looked into his eyes. 


Fred looked down, “I saw you months ago outside playing with a little girl. I wanted to come over then but I didn’t have the courage to.” Fred looked back up into her eyes. “I’ve not been with a woman since my girlfriend passed away.”


A lump formed in Kisha’s throat as she looked at Fred. How could she do this to him, she didn’t want to hurt him anymore than he already hurt. “Fred… I’m not good for you. You should go and forget you ever met me.” Kisha said pulling from his arms.


“Kisha you are perfect… Just let me stay one night with you then you will never see me again… Please?” Fred asked pulling her back into his arms and kissing her cheek. 


“Fred… no” She said but it was too late he pulled her upstairs into her bedroom.


With one last kiss Fred got out of bed want quickly got dressed. “Thank you Kisha. I wish you the best.” He leaned down and kissed her hand and left, leaving Kisha there crying.

(Lucian being a dork playing on the chair. I just love this boy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment